Helen Morrow

Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe, as you hold out the word of life - Phil 2:14-16.

Monday, October 16, 2006

Fellowship, challenge and Mum's roast

I found myself with a spare weekend and kind friends lent me their car (thank you!) and I was able to join the folks at Kennet Valley Free Church for their morning service.
Graham Cooke (pastor at KV) led the service and Alistair Hornal (previous pastor at KV) preached from Ruth 3.1- 4.13 with lessons about love and family loyalty and lessons about our relationship with God.

I had many encouraging conversations with people after the service, not least with a young girl (who will soon be 8) about how she copes at school with false things that are taught (implicity and directly) about God. If you've not spoken to a child recently about their understanding of Christian things, can I encourage you to do so (sensitively, but do so). You will find yourself challenged! I was encouraged by this girl's ability to reason. She idenitfied one or two other children in her school who are also Christians whom she she would speak to during play time when false teaching, or understanding, about God is voiced. How many of us, when going about our daily lives, and encounter false teaching seek out a fellow Christian to talk about it, and pray for God's help to deal with it. Is this our first course of action?

After church, it was home to mum's for a great roast and lots of fun with the Sheltons and Ivor. There was a little too much hilarity about peas on the table, but least said soonest mended! The Rodulson's came for tea later in the afternoon and in the evening I was able (somehow) to drink more tea with my friends David and Lisa.

It was a great weekend and I truly felt that I had enjoyed fellowship with my family in Christ.
Isn't it amazing that those friendships that we have in Christ, will always be in Christ.
These are friendships that will last for eternity, as we are members of one body.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home